Monday, June 26, 2006

Sant Joan

Cool night on Friday. We were on the beach to celebrate St Joan until about 3:30pm with alcohol and cake, then off to club. Sorry no pics from that.

We did however have a house guest last night (2am). I came into the kitchen to get a glass of water, and out new friend shot across the kitchen worksurface. I thought it was someone's pet that had escaped, however, I've been informed that in the countryside it isn't unusual. What he/she was doing so close to the city centre however is anyone's guest.

R wanted me to batter it to death with the broom - as you can imagine I wasn't having it. After several attempts to capture it in a box, I gave up, as he legged it into the boxes in the storage area above the bathroom.

R. has asked me to name him, since she is convinced he will stick around. Any suggestions welcome.

I just hope he's busy catching mosquitos - that's a sure fire way to find himself in R's good books again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

I'm not sure about a name, but there is certainly nothing to worry about. We have a lot of them around here. They are very helpful in catching flies and musquitos. The more supersticious consider them to be a sign of good luck in the house. My cats consider them as prey.

9:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home